Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions please, waking hourly at 4mo!!?

(6 Posts)
sleepdodger Thu 04-Aug-11 09:07:02

Help
ebf 4 mo baby is waking hourly/ 2 hourly max at night, I would have put it down to the regression but it's been doing on for 2 weeks already & I'm beyond knackered
I've tried a bottle of ebm at 10 ish which he floors in minutes, 6oz, on top of all the feeds
he just seems constantly hungry- daytime he'll only go max 2 hrs usually 1.5 hrs between feeds and doesn't nap either
what am I doing wrong, i've tried setting routines but they've has no impact at all :-(

Hunter1106 Thu 04-Aug-11 19:00:38

Hi, I'm new to this and dont know if I'll be of any help, but my 8/52 old DS is the same!! Wakes hourly through the night and won't settle, my HV told me today that he should be able to go at least 4 hours without feeding so I had to let him cry if he isn't due another feed yet. Tonight will be the first night and I'm totally dreading it! But anything to get more than an hour at a time for mine and DS sanity! Will let you know how it goes, but maybe your baby is just feeding cause he's being constantly offered?

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 04-Aug-11 19:03:38

My DD is doing this too, she's 19 weeks. I've started weaning her as she had all signs and started taking food we were eating and putting it in her mouth!! Did baby rice first but she didn't like it so now on sweet potato.

Definitely wouldn't stop offering feeds (IMO) as 4 month is a massive developmental growth spurt, especially for bf babies. I take it that if DD wants a feed she must need it.

sleepdodger Fri 05-Aug-11 01:14:47

Thanks ladies, I'm trying baby rice & porridge as ds is also showing I want food signs! My mum is incinuating that he's starving at night my milk is no good & surely I should use formula, which has made me feel super guilty, fingers crossed for a better night now, all round!!

victoriasmith Fri 05-Aug-11 09:44:42

Your milk is super wonderful don't feel under pressure to use formula, unless you want to ofcourse. You will produce the right amount according to what your baby needs, i went through the same thing with my mum i'm sure she wanted to be helpful but as a new mum and worried about feeding anyway it wasn't what i needed to hear. My 5 month old son is also waking every 2 hours on the dot like clockwork through the night, sometimes feeding sometimes not, we are also breast feeding. No idea why, he seems to have gotten himself into some sort of pattern, I don't want to leave him to cry and not sure what to do.

Bet01 Fri 05-Aug-11 13:28:22

Dodger, come and join us on the 4 month regression thread! My DS has been sleeping terribly since 14 weeks (every hour, like yours) and seemed constantly hungry. He's 23 weeks now and I think touches everything resembling wood that he's on the way out of it. But the answer isn't weaning, or formula, just time I'm afraid. I tried giving DS baby rice as everyone said he was hungry but made bugger all difference.
The best way to deal with it IMHO is find ways to cope-daytime naps, etc-rather than trying to change what your DC is doing. It will pass....eventually....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now