Talk

Advanced search

Good God, please help!

(7 Posts)
EgonSpengler Wed 03-Aug-11 11:30:27

My 10 month old DD's daytime naps have well and truly gone up the spout and I really don't know what to do. She's was always a super good sleeper (still is at night - she does 7 'til 7) and I really don't know what to do any more. She gets soooo tired, but she won't bloody well nap. Has anyone had anything else similar? What did you do? She's currently belling her head off because she's soooo tired, but won't sleep. I feel quite distraught as I should be facilitating her sleep, but it's not working.

Help!

Ex

EgonSpengler Wed 03-Aug-11 11:35:56

If I let her carry on then she falls asleep at around three and I have to wake her up for her dinner at five, otherwise I have no idea how long she'll sleep for and will probably screw up her bedtime.

I know I sounds nuts, but I've tried everything and really do feel beside myself as I'm clearly failing her / not giving her what she needs.

ShushBaby Wed 03-Aug-11 13:38:32

You poor thing. I feel your pain today as my daughter (18 months old) has TOTALLY refused her nap and is still up there carrying on, despite (/because of) being totally overtired.

FWIW she also had a lot of nap disruption at 10ish months old, and it turns out she was ready to drop a nap at that point.

EgonSpengler Wed 03-Aug-11 13:58:29

Thanks so much ShushBaby! I've been getting so desperate recently. She fell asleep in her lunch today (sigh...) and she's now, finally, sleeping upstairs. I'm hoping the reason for the disruption will come to light soon - fingers crossed it's dropping one as then we can maybe go out and do something rather than thrash about in our cot!

Oh dear... I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish I could offer some helpful advice but obviously I have no idea of what I'm doing... Here, have a wine / brew

ShushBaby Wed 03-Aug-11 14:02:08

Thanks, I'll have both smile Mine has just fallen asleep too, at last. I wonder if it's the heat, you know.

Oh the sweet sweet silence!

To offer you a bit of hope, I have to say that my dd's crappy naps improved vastly after she turned one. It is a revelation to only have to work around one nap each day. and she usually (apart from today, of course!) goes down for it like a dream. At 10mo her naps were crazy. So hang on in there!

EgonSpengler Wed 03-Aug-11 14:26:27

I'll join you smile It could well be. My DD has a full head of adult hair (looks like she's wearing a wig) and it heats her up like nobodys business.

It's lovely isn't it?

Thank you so much for that. I really don't know whether I'm coming or going these days. It would be so lovely to do something other than try to coax her to sleep. Will do!

AchtungBaby Sun 07-Aug-11 13:33:50

Hi, EgonSpengler.

How are you getting on now? There's a thread about going from 2 naps to 1 here that might be interesting to you.

I love your username by the way grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now