Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!! Need to break this habit...

(2 Posts)
LeoTheLateBloomer Tue 02-Aug-11 07:26:34

DD is 15mo and has been sleeping really well for a while now.

However, she was recently ill and is now completely incapable of settling for a nap or sleeping through. The nap thing I can deal with and just take her for a drive, but she's waking up at about 12/1ish, screaming but with nothing wrong. She has been teething a bit but I've kept her dosed up with calpol.

She just seems wide awake and there's nothing I can do. I've been getting her into bed with me where she's eventually fallen asleep. Last night I tried lying on the floor next to her cot and stroking her. She calmed for a while but then just kept getting frustrated and standing or sitting up. She generally stays awake for at least an hour and a half.

I really want her to stop thinking she can come into my bed every night. It seems like she's waking out of habit. The problem is that if I leave her she just bellows and the only way to stop her is with a dummy (another new habit that I need to break) in my bed.

Any amazing tips that will work straight away?!

TheMitfordsMaid Tue 02-Aug-11 07:35:03

Sorry, no. I'm afraid I've tried everything with my younger son, who is 2.3 years. He has slept through just a handful of times since he was 22 weeks. You get used to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now