Talk

Advanced search

I've run out of ideas for 2.8yo

(4 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 01-Aug-11 11:38:43

I am hoping someone can give me some ideas to get my 2.8yo DS to stop getting me out of bed every night. He is a really good boy and goes to bed perfectly at 7pm each night but I am 6 months pregnant and DH is working away a lot so when I am on my own its just me going down and its very tiring (also working 4 days a week).

Its been on and off for the past year but recently its been almost every night. His various reasons include:

- blanket has fallen off
- can't find his water (which he sleeps with)
- no apparent reason

Its not the worst thing in the world as usually its just go down, pass him what he wants or give him a cuddle and back to bed but I guess I just want some ideas to see if I can get him to stay in his own bed all night. Have tried a reward chart but it didn't work.

I would love to get this cracked before the new one arrives and I am up in the night with it! smile

Thanks in advance

TerrysNo2 Mon 01-Aug-11 21:25:19

Anyone??

MmeLindor. Tue 02-Aug-11 09:10:35

Oh, difficult. DS still gets up several nights a week - and he is 7yo. With time I was able to tell him to go back to bed and he put himself back to bed.

Is your DS still in a cot, or in a big bed? Is it several times a night or just once?

DD almost never gets me up in the night, so you might find the same happens with the new baby.

TerrysNo2 Tue 02-Aug-11 11:15:54

Usually just once a night but sometimes 2 and once it was 5 times!

Last night he woke twice but the second time he settled himself so I didn't need to go down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now