Talk

Advanced search

Gentle ways to get rid of the Dummy?

(4 Posts)
Cbell Fri 29-Jul-11 19:05:19

My DD is 6.5 mo and has had a dummy since around 4 months. She uses it only at bedtime/night but I think it is contributing to her frequent waking.

So anyone who has managed to get rid of the little sucker a gentle way....please tell me how. I don't want to leave her to cry but I realise she is using it as a crutch to ss.

Thanks

TheOriginalFAB Fri 29-Jul-11 20:26:37

I took my son's dummy off him at night at 6 months. I used the pick up put down plan and it took four nights for him to be able to go to sleep without the dummy.

NicholaGriff Fri 29-Jul-11 22:05:34

I found the same thing was happening to my DD - she would wake up during the night for her dummy. As soon as I took it away these wakings stopped and now doesn't wake up at all unless she's ill.

For us it was quite easy. One night (when she was 7 months) she fell asleep in my DH's arms after her milk without her dummy. We found she didn;t wale up for it that night and didn't look back.

You could try giving her a blankie or cuddly toy to bond with? Sorry nothing else constructive but wanted to let you know that once you ave cracked it it will probably mean some peaceful nights at last!

babyrose Sat 30-Jul-11 12:18:50

ds had his since about 4 months constantly all day and night. then we only gave him at night for sleeping. we then took it off him i tihnk around 12 or 13 months. jut didnt give it to him at one nap time then b/time done the same very day. he got used to it! just keep trying and be consistent. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now