Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

any advice on 5 week old sleep?

(5 Posts)
DontShootTheDog Fri 29-Jul-11 08:10:50

This is DC2 so I know not to expect routine etc yet but I wonder if anyone has any tips? EBF, baby goes about every 3 hours during the night, which is fine. However, at 4.30 every morning he stirs then wakes with a very blocked up nose. He snorts and snuffles getting more and more distressed. It might only be an hour since a feed and he isn't very interested but does want to be picked up and held (understandably). This does mean my day starts very early as my 3 year old is up at 7 and baby generally doesn't settle back down prpoerly til then! My bedroom window is open all night and his cot is tilted up - anyone got any other ideas of how I can prevent this problem occuring, or why it might be happenning? Thanks <<yawns loudly>>

RitaMorgan Fri 29-Jul-11 08:21:54

Will he go back to sleep on your chest maybe? That seemed to help my ds when he was blocked up and snuffly from a cold.

DontShootTheDog Fri 29-Jul-11 09:51:58

Thanks, yes he will drop off eventually on my chest, but I find it impossible to sleep! Will perhaps get used to it or he will grow out of it, one or the other!

RitaMorgan Fri 29-Jul-11 09:56:56

I used to kick DP out and then set up cushions/pillows all round me so I was semi-reclined and my arms supported - suprisingly comfy actually! Did this quite recently when ds had a cold and he's almost 1 now blush

DontShootTheDog Fri 29-Jul-11 10:07:55

That sounds like a good idea, will give it a go. Anything to help my day start a bit later! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now