Talk

Advanced search

2,3,4 Nap Schedule??

(10 Posts)
denise77 Wed 27-Jul-11 10:01:20

Hi

DD2 has always been a poor napper only 30 minutes at a time. She is 9 months old and exclusively breastfed and will not take a bottle sad((( She does have sips of water out of a sippy cup, Anyway she starts nursery in a few weeks (2 mornings a week) so getting her ready sleepwise she is always breastfed to sleep although have been using the NCSS pull off method which seems to work but only for night feeds. I have been putting her to sleep every 3 hours in the day. On Sunday i came across an article on 2,3,4 nap schedule basically put baby down for nap 2 hours after they wake up and then 3 hours after they wake up from that nap and then 4 hours after that for bed. I tried it on Monday and it worked she slept for 1.5 hours and has done for everynap since. Im still a bit shell shocked by it al!! Was wondering if anyone had heard of this before and if anyone had any advice around getting her to sleep on her own as the pull off works sometimes but not all the time and worrying about how nursery will get her down.

bagelmonkey Wed 27-Jul-11 20:51:08

What's the NCSS pull off method?

denise77 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:29:34

Its no cry sleep solution its a book by Elizabeth Pantley, basically you wait til babies drowsy then remove nipple or teat if they fuss you give it back and repeat it takes patience tonight I got dd to pull off on her own so guess its working wish it was a bit faster

WorrisomeHeart Wed 27-Jul-11 21:32:58

Interesting - my 9mth old DS has fallen into the 2,3,4 nap pattern and it's brilliant. He's been a catnapper for ages so it's a bit if a shock to the system when he now sleeps for at least 1.5 hours!

fififrog Wed 27-Jul-11 21:57:44

Sounds great, wonder how early you can start, at 4 months I don't think DD is up to it!

RitaMorgan Wed 27-Jul-11 22:01:06

It's kind of the standard baby schedule, as seen in Gina Ford.

7am - up
9-10am - nap
1-3pm - nap
7pm - bed

Unfortunately my ds was never tired after 2 hours and would conk out 3 hours on the dot! He does something like 3-3-4 instead.

WorrisomeHeart Thu 28-Jul-11 08:04:20

Lol, never expected to be a GF mum - maybe my DS has read it secretly! Mind you, he's never slept until 7am so I think he needs to re-read that bit! grin

denise77 Thu 28-Jul-11 09:06:25

I wanted mine to be a GF baby as DD1 was a nightmare sleeper but sadly I didnt realise how knackered I'd be with 2!! Both our parents live in other cities/countries so completely on my own!! Not that i'm complaining now that I've found 2,3 4 its brilliant gone are the 30 minute naps I love the long naps and i get to do things. Anyone got a schedule they can post we are still bf trying to slowly wean to cup but not having much luck as all she wants is me!! Will be glad when she is settled at nursery at least I can give them her sleep pattern smile

janski31 Mon 01-Aug-11 15:14:11

Hi Denise

Just want to say a massive thank you for posting this! My daughter is almost 8 months old and is terrible at daytime sleeping ( she is fantastic at night) but gets so overtired in the day due to her fighting her sleep, have always done the 9-10 am nap but the after dinner was a nightmare sometimes taking me up to 2 hours to get her to sleep anyway just followed your advice of leaving it 3 hours instead of 2 (put her down at 1) just about to go and wake her as she is still asleep!!!!! I cant believe it she never has more than 40 minutes!
Thank you x

cheekyginger Mon 01-Aug-11 19:15:43

Is their an age this is recommended from? My LO is almost 4 months and seems ready to drop a nap.
Think i might give this a bash......anyone think he is way too young??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now