Talk

Advanced search

Bunk / Cabin bed question

(7 Posts)
buggerlugs82 Mon 25-Jul-11 21:26:14

<disclaimer, i don't have children yet>

BUT - I was just wondering....

We have a 3 bed house, 2 of which are doubles, the other is a single with a built in cabin bed, lower than a bunk bed but higher than a normal bed.

Will this bed ever be suitable for children? If so, at what age?

We are TTC and would like 2 children. Do we need to rip the bed out?

(it has a lovely built in wardrobe and drawers around it)

thisisyesterday Mon 25-Jul-11 21:29:34

it sounds lovely to me! ds1 went into a "mid-sleeper" at around 3.5 yrs which is the same kind of height as a cabin bed.

buggerlugs82 Mon 25-Jul-11 21:32:11

Thanks for your reply. We probably have to give some thought to the timing of child#2 but i was just thinking we'd have to rip it out!!

This is all assuming we will have children whilst living here that is!

simpson Mon 25-Jul-11 22:02:39

I am about to get DS a cabin bed for his 6th birthday but it sounds like the one I am getting is higher than yours iyswim.

Depending on child I would say yours would be suitable from 3 or 4 (although my 3 yr old DD would not cope with one but DS would have done when he was 3 iyswim.

Seona1973 Tue 26-Jul-11 07:59:13

dd has a cabin bed and has been in it since around age 4.

mumblechum1 Tue 26-Jul-11 08:02:42

Our ds was in a cabin bed from 5, but would have been fine in it from about 3.5, I think.

startail Tue 26-Jul-11 08:41:22

DDs first bed was a mid sleeper she moved from her cot when DD2 needed it so 3.5 like the others in fact.
Depends on the child, DD could climb as soon as she could pull herself on the furniture.
The health and safety mafia will say 6 and I'd agree for a real bunk if only to make sure they don't encourage younger siblings to play.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now