Talk

Advanced search

DD very strange last night??

(3 Posts)
kellieb7 Mon 25-Jul-11 11:13:31

DD (7 months) went to bed as normal last night at 7;30 and settled well, She has being consistently sleeping through the night for about 6 weeks now. However at 12am she woke up and was chatting away to her toys, I left her for a while as she wasn't upset but she remained awake and even practiced her crawling. After about half an hour I gave in and tried to help her back to sleep by BF'ing however even after a feed she was wide awake and just wanted to play, I obviously kept it as calm as possible with little talking, eye contact etc but she stayed awake until 5am this morning and then only had another hour. Please tell me this will pass as I am already dreading tonight as well as struggling to keep my eyes open today sad

ShowOfHands Mon 25-Jul-11 11:18:12

'even practiced her crawling'

That's the key bit of your op. When they develop a new skill, particularly the big motor ones, they do wake up to practise it. They do the same when they start walking/talking etc. It's just a developmental norm. Their brains are urging them to work on their clever new ability. It does usually correct itself. And sometimes they just wake up as a one off because it's hot/cold/there was a noise/they had a dream.

Try not to worry about it being the new 'norm' until that happens.

kellieb7 Mon 25-Jul-11 12:29:53

Oh thankyou so much, I was hoping that was the case, I will keep my fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now