Talk

Advanced search

Will going away disrupt my baby's sleep routine.

(2 Posts)
sarahloula Sun 24-Jul-11 13:50:40

My DS is nearly 4 months and has been sleeping through the night for the last month or so (generally 10pm until 6-7am.) I know I'm very lucky but with it being the summer holidays we are planning on going on holiday and going to visit family. I am a bit apprehensive about taking DS to stay over somewhere else in case the different surroundings disrupt her sleep patterns. Any tips/advice/own experiences gratefully received.

Indith Sun 24-Jul-11 14:01:17

Maybe. Maybe not. Helpful I know grin.

My best advice for holidays is to do whatever works to ensure a happy and relaxed holiday for you all, doesn't matter if that is spending lazy evenings out and about with baby dozing in sling/pushchair or keeping to routine. Since you are staying with family at least it makes sticking to routine easier if that is what you do. My ds was such a stickler for routine, we tried doing teh lazy thing when we took him on holiday and ended up with a cranky baby who cheered right up after we started a campsite approximation of usual routine. Dd is very easily thrown by being away and trying to put her to bed as normal is a pointless exercise so she just hangs out until she crashes smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now