Talk

Advanced search

10 month old and sleep issues

(3 Posts)
drcrab Thu 21-Jul-11 11:51:10

Hi there
I need help. Am sleep deprived. DD is 10 months this saturday. She was an angel at sleeping in the early days but since 4 months, she's been a horror. Her pattern (!?) at the moment consists of 2 30-50 min naps a day (yes). So one about now, and one about 3-ish. On the rare occasion, she hits an hour, and about twice in her life now, she's napped for 1.5 hours. That's it. One would think she'd be shattered by bedtime at night, but no. She typically starts to fuss about 8pm. I try to feed her to sleep, and she sometimes goes. Other times she'll get 2nd wind and she'll be up bouncing again. If she does go down (whether at 8, or at 10pm), she'll fuss again at any given time from half an hour to an hour. Ie, she only really 'sleeps' for 30-60 min and then starts to moan, whimper, cry... and then she gets fed again (either bottle/boob) and then she sleeps in a min... and then the cycle goes again.

She's on solids, still being breastfed (although I'm at work full time) and drinks formula from a bottle when I'm exhausted. She's happy drinking from sippy cup too.

she's a very happy cheery, smiley baby (seriously). Nothing really bothers her. One would think that with the little sleep she gets she'd be grumpy in the day time, but no, she's really happy.

Is she just wired like that? or... is there hope? Her brother who's 3.5 years old never slept through till he was 2. But his pattern was more like he'd sleep for 4 hours, wake 1-2x a night and then go down again. She is waking 8x a night?!?!
help

Angel786 Fri 22-Jul-11 22:15:12

Sounds obvious but have you tried not feeding her at night when she wakes up but leaving her to grumble and self soothe back to sleep?

My daughter is 7 months and I used to rush in to pat or feed her back to sleep. Ut now (sometimes, not always!) she can get herself back to sleep.

drcrab Sat 23-Jul-11 21:51:44

Yes. Have left it a while to see if she'll go back to sleep. It works sometimes. I need it to work all the time!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now