Talk

Advanced search

Toddler waking cold uncovered

(8 Posts)
dycey Thu 21-Jul-11 10:23:18

i moved ds (2.5) out of a sleeping bag and under a duvet a few months ago as he was bothered by it getting tangled with his legs. I think it was just a bit small.

Trouble is he rolls and sits up and crawls around his cot bed and without fail now wakes me in the early morning because he is in top if the duvet and cold... It's z pain as he sleeps well otherwise and my second baby is due in a few days.

Have tried tucking a big duvet around the mattress, tried a sheet tucked round but he still gets out of it and on top...

What's the biggest sleeping bag anyone has found? Are the merino ones big enough? He does seem to get rather claustrophobic under sheets/duvets and in restrictive sleeping bags. But I could really do without the extra wakings!

Advice welcomed!

debka Thu 21-Jul-11 13:52:09

Why don't you just put him in really thick pjs, maybe with a jumper on top, and some socks?

dycey Thu 21-Jul-11 14:10:31

Good idea - somehow worried about overheating him under a duvet.... But i suppose i could put him under a sheet with lots of pjs on. Will try it tonight tho as need one of my last nights of undisturbed peace for another year or however long!

NicholaGriff Fri 29-Jul-11 22:00:52

I am sure that I saw large sleeping bags made by gro-bag - up to age 6 I think. Have a look on their website.

PurveyorOfBaloney Fri 29-Jul-11 22:05:45

Where are you OP, that it's that cold at night in July???

That said, look for all-in-one PJs. Primark used to do cheapy ones, but I'll bet they don't have any on the shelves right now.

Also at 2.5 he is probably old enough for a few lessons on how to pull up a blanket or duvet. I used to do this with my oldest, made a hiding game out of it grin

PurveyorOfBaloney Fri 29-Jul-11 22:06:14

Best of luck with the new baby BTW grin

Iggly Sat 30-Jul-11 08:31:49

I got grobags up to age 3 - is he tall for his age? From the Gro company.

bamboobutton Sat 30-Jul-11 08:46:15

i put ds in a 2.5 tog sleepsuit

get mine from here sleepsuit

ds loved his as it gave him more freedom of movement than a sleeping bag, he liked to spread outgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now