Talk

Advanced search

2 naps to 1 - what time should the nap be?

(6 Posts)
Trillian42 Wed 20-Jul-11 11:12:33

13 month old DD has been getting more and more difficult to get to nap during the day, and we now think that she only needs one nap and it's been her way of trying to tell us! What time do you DCs take their single nap?

I tried for 2pm yesterday, but it was closer to 3pm by the time she actually slept and then she slept for 3 hours shock at which time I had to wake her as I knew she'd never go asleep at her 7.30 ish bed time. Of course, then her night time routine was a disaster and she eventually fell asleep at 9.30, and was restless all night. (The previous day she only took one nap, at 12pm for 30 mins and so was wrecked by the evening, even though she wouldn't nap in the afternoon)

Any suggestions?

nethunsreject Wed 20-Jul-11 11:13:53

We've just moved from 2 to 1, at about 11 till 1 on good days. Takes a bit of adjusting!

Trillian42 Wed 20-Jul-11 11:21:13

Thanks for the reply! How old is your DC? I think afternoon is better as she's very difficult to get to nap in the mornings - ideal time would be 1o'c but that doesn't fit with her lunchtime.

nethunsreject Wed 20-Jul-11 11:22:56

14 mths, just.

Give an early lunch maybe?

Trillian42 Wed 20-Jul-11 17:09:08

So we tried for a 2pm sleep today, and it seemed to work - she slept from 2-4.30 which is perfect. The only trouble is that I'm supposed to pick her up from the childminders at 2 so might have to pick her up early now, meaning a lot less work time for me confused

StoneBaby Wed 20-Jul-11 19:35:04

DS is on 1 nap since April (he's now 17 months).
He naps at 12.30pm for about 40-50mn at nursery weekdays and at 9.30am-10am for 50mn weekends!!
I think this is a try and see experience. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now