Talk

Advanced search

Am I right to have naps during the day...or will they just mess up my routine?

(5 Posts)
gottomakeaquiche Mon 18-Jul-11 22:36:32

Hello

I have two lovely babes now 6 and 3.5years. Both sleep well now (believe me other parents - the horrid nights of little ones waking up a gazillion times a night DO stop I promise).

I work for myself and fit it in around the children. This is ok normally, my best time for working now is in the eve - 8 - 10.30/11pm ish. I like my work and thankfully run a business from my business which is painting.

My problem is that I have fallen into a pattern of having a nap of about an hour - sometime 1.5hrs which leaves me feeling brilliant and able to work that later shift in the evening.

I get to about midday and am dead on my feet. Have a nap, raring to go and work well into the night..the same the next day and so forth.

Could I be doing any damage by having this routine?

Ps..I only have a nap when the babes aren't here of course! I work Mon, Tues and Wed when they are at school and childminder - Thurs and Fri I have off with the children - no naps on these days and early to bed for us all!

Thanks in advance!

PukeyRag Tue 19-Jul-11 19:22:55

How do you feel on the days you don't nap? Maybe give it a week of not napping and see how it goes? If it doesn't feel any better then go back to having them.

Simples.

nethunsreject Tue 19-Jul-11 19:25:58

SOunds like things are working fine aand napping works for you, so I'd stick with it.

ShowOfHands Tue 19-Jul-11 19:28:04

It's actually a good idea to have a nap in the afternoon. We function a lot better with a short afternoon, post lunch nap and a long sleep at night. We'd be much healthier as a nation if they passed it as a law.

If it works for you, be assured that it actually makes physiological sense for you to do it.

gottomakeaquiche Sun 24-Jul-11 20:50:55

Thank you very much for your thoughts...feeling much better about my naps now!

Marvellous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now