Talk

Advanced search

Run out of ways of getting biting 1y.o. DD to sleep. PLEASE HELP

(6 Posts)
mammainlove Sun 17-Jul-11 22:53:25

I honestly feel like i'm going insane! My 1y.o dd now wont be fed to sleep, rocked to sleep, if we take her out in sling cars scare her, if i try cuddle her to sleep she bites and wrestles me thinking it's funny. We co sleep so cant just leave her. I'm so upset! I dont know what to do! It's taking hours and means she doesnt get to sleep til near midnight. Please help anyone.

mammainlove Mon 18-Jul-11 18:19:00

Please could someone give me some advice

KD0706 Tue 19-Jul-11 00:00:43

I didn't want you to go unanswered.
I dont co sleep as a rule so no real experience of that. With my DD if she gets fidgety and wrestles me I just put her in her cot and she tends to rumble around in her cot getting comfy then goes off to sleep.
Have you tried putting her down in your bed when she gets like that?
See if she just snuggles herself down?

Also maybe she's over tired. Could you try earlier bed. I find my DD goes down much easier if I put her down when she's still in a jolly mood, rather than wait till she's grumpy and knackered.

Another thought about the wrestling with you is have you tried her in a cot. My DD often squirrels herself into the very corner of her cot in what looks to me like a really uncomfortable position, but she seems to like it. We've always co slept on and off depending on what DD has 'needed', but she's now much prefers her cot for now as she can get herself comfy as she chooses.

Hope something there is of some help

Zimm Tue 19-Jul-11 09:40:07

Agree with above - try a cot so she can wriggle about and settle herself? You can stay with her and just talk calmly. This is what we did when DD stopped feeding/rocking to sleep.

onionlove Tue 19-Jul-11 09:49:24

Hi Mammainlove
We also cosleep with our DS gets up in the night but he has learned to actually start the night off in his cot and he is pretty good now but it has taken a while. I found that letting him settle in the cot whilst we were still in the room but not interacting with him worked pretty well but it took a couple of weeks before he understood what we were doing. Some little ones are just fidgety which is not ideal for co sleeping as everyone gets disturbed. I found it good to decide our course of action and stick at it to achieve results. Hope that helps. x

dogscatsandbabies Tue 19-Jul-11 11:01:00

I don't have exact experience of this but it sounds to me like your DD may be craving a bit of space. I was really against putting our LO down to cry herself to sleep but eventually got talked into it by friends who'd tried it. It was hard going for a few nights but it did the trick. I think you may need to invest in a cot so at least you can leave her and know she's safe. We did it at 13 weeks, before she was able to sit / stand up so it may not go quite so smoothly for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now