Talk

Advanced search

toddler early waking GRRR!!!!!

(2 Posts)
kelloo1 Sun 17-Jul-11 06:56:43

Hi, am new to here so hope I'm posting this in the right place! My DS is 27 months and has always been a really good sleeper until we moved him into his cot bed 2 weeks ago. His bed time is 7-7.30. He doesn't settle very well at bed time, I have to pretend i am going to bed too and it can take up to 2 hours some nights for him to fall asleep. My main issue though is his early waking. He used to sleep til around 7 but now he wakes between 4 & 5. It's not light in his room so I know that's not waking him, I leave books and toys in his room so he can play when he wakes but he's not interested. He just stands at his gate screaming for me 'mummy come back' 'in mummys bed'. I don't bring him into our bed as I don't want to get into bad habits, i've tried ignoring him but he just screams louder, I've tried a sleep training clock which usually gets thrown over the gate and down the stairs, I've put him back into bed telling him it's still night time (this went on for an hour by which time is was time to get up anyway) nothing seems to work so I just end up getting up with him at 5. i know this just makes him think it's ok to get up at that time but I don't know what else to do. It's really frustrating as he used to sleep so well!

PeggyCarter Sun 17-Jul-11 07:14:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now