Talk

Advanced search

How many naps?!

(4 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Sat 16-Jul-11 22:44:49

Hi all,

My 9 month old is currently having 2 naps a day. An hour and a half in the morning and half hour in the afternoon (although this has been a bit longer this week, I think she's wearing herself out with all the moving about she's now doing!) Is this about average? A friend of mine has a 9 month old sleeping roughly the same as mine and a few people have expressed their surprise that she's still having 2 naps!

Also how will it work? At the moment she's very tired in the morning and that's when she has her long sleep, don't they normally start having a long sleep after lunch?! At the moment bedtime can still be an issue if she sleeps past about 2.30 she's just not tired to go to bed at her normal bedtime.

Thanks

DialMforMummy Sun 17-Jul-11 18:04:13

Mine normally has a kip in the morning and in the afternoon just like yours.

beachavendrea Sun 17-Jul-11 19:11:59

my ds is 14 months and still happily goes down for two naps. I thought he would be down to one nap now but I have been asking around and I think it is so dependant on each child.

At 9 months he had just moved to two naps from three.

somewhere in between 12-24 months they go down to one nap, so that's a big window. If she sleeps okay at night and the schedule works for you, don't change it.

TheresAHuppoInMyHouse Sun 17-Jul-11 21:49:32

Glad to hear your naps are like that - my DD is 8.5months and has a long nap in the morning (can be up to 2 hours if I'm lucky!) and a little one in the afternoon - 30-45 minutes. I've been thinking recently that it should be the other way round, but we are where we are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now