Talk

Advanced search

are sheets safe? And sleeping bags questions..

(8 Posts)
fireflyz Fri 15-Jul-11 20:04:07

I have only ever used sheets with DS - now 8 months old - and wonder are they OK?
Because sleeping bags are now so popular, I find myself wondering if it is in some way negligent to use sheets.

And why are sleeping bags so much bigger than the baby? I looked at some in John Lewis and the size for an 8 month old was huge - are you supposed to tuck the bottom of the bag into the bottom of the bed?

AchtungBaby Fri 15-Jul-11 20:25:38

I don't think that you're being negligent using sheets, fireflyz smile.

I don't know how to use sheets blush, so I use sleeping bags. They are longer than the baby, especially at the beginning of the age group, but they do grow to fill them more surprisingly quickly. I don't tuck them into the bottom of the bed (so DS isn't really foot-to-foot, but I take that to be a sheet / blanket-specific piece of advice). <worries about what everyone else will say>

Iggly Fri 15-Jul-11 21:35:50

The bags are longer because they're for an age range so need growing room. The head holes are small enough tha your baby won't slip down (provided you buy the right size) so you don't need to worry about the foot to end rule.

I found sheets a pain as DS moves around so much! If they work for you then stick with them

Zimm Sat 16-Jul-11 14:06:19

It is not necessary to follow feet to sleep in a sleeping bag. I just found sheets much more of a pain than sleeping bags, which I totally love and think are the best product ever as DD really travels in her sleep.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sat 16-Jul-11 14:11:15

You don't have to use bags I did cause then I didn't have to worry about covers coming off plus and leaky nappies tended to be contained!

fireflyz Sun 17-Jul-11 14:09:02

Thanks guys! We were doing fine with sheets, always did feet-to-foot and tucked them right under the mattress, and DS used to sleep really soundly with sheets, but now at 8 months he moves about more in his sleep and used to somehow manage to kick his legs right out of them and get cold. We tried our sleeping bag for the last 2 days for nights and naps, and it has gone well smile

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 17-Jul-11 14:10:09

Fab.

AchtungBaby Sun 17-Jul-11 15:28:33

Oh, that's good smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now