Talk

Advanced search

When does it get better?

(6 Posts)
Cbell Fri 15-Jul-11 18:16:23

Just that....

My DD is 6mo and it's only got worse. She used to sleep 3 - 4 even 5 hour stretches now were are lucky if she goes 1.30 hours. I know we've done something to reinforce her need to wake up. She can't SS and we can't do CC

So when will it get better and will it happen naturally?

Cbell Fri 15-Jul-11 19:41:54

to be at 6.30pm awake again at 7.30pm. Seriously hourly wake-ups. What on earth is going on?

Ineedcake Fri 15-Jul-11 21:05:24

Hi Cbell - no real advice but my DS was the same around 6 months (think there's a growth spurt, plus starting solids, plus them learning new things - who knows!?).

Not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but I remember at 7 months (pretty much exactly) he suddenly started sleeping well again. On good nights now he'll sleep from 8pm until 4/5am and then back to sleep for another couple of hours.

(Still have nights from hell sometimes though!)

Zimm Sat 16-Jul-11 14:08:16

6 months was a shite time for sleep here also, as a consequence DD was weaned using mainly ella's kitchen as I was far to exhausted to cook/meal plan/think. It gradually got better with a further blip at 9 months and now at 11 months she is finally pulling 11-12 hour stretches!!!

Redhairmum Sat 16-Jul-11 14:40:01

Hi Cbell, we should form a 3am help group! My DS has always been a crap sleeper- 2 wake ups min. Then about 4 weeks ago (5.5 months old) he started waking every hour...then every 20 mins or so. As of Thurs have finally stopped bf, and we are NOT feeding at night, so far 2 REALLY hellish nights with one DH/me sleeping lying on the nursery floor next to his cot.
HV recommends cc, but DO NOT want to do this. We are keeping going for another 5 nights, then may have to phone a sleep counsellor......

Soooo tired

Zimm Sat 16-Jul-11 16:20:49

redhairmum - 5.5 months is pretty young to night wean - might actually make things worse? Maybe setting a time limit would work better? E.g. only feed every 4 hours max. Many, many babies can't get through the night without a feed until well established on solids which won't happen until at least 9 months. of course some can - just a suggestion....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now