Talk

Advanced search

OK I give in. I'm knackered and don't know what I'm doing

(4 Posts)
Limelight Thu 14-Jul-11 20:53:05

DD is 25 weeks. She was a fab sleeper and a very calm baby up until she was about 16 weeks when everything seemed to go a bit wrong.

She now wakes very very frequently overnight and so we're pretty much co-sleeping. I'm pretty relaxed about this except that I have dodgy hips (a legacy from my first pregnancy) which are giving me some gip, and I'm not getting particularly high quality sleep.

She also now hates to be put down during the day at all. Queue lots of crying! And she's stopped napping - I haven't yet tried to put her into any sort of routine but she had established some fairly regular nap times which are apparently out of the window.

I have absolutely no idea how I'd get through the day with out my sling!

Oh, and she doesn't want a dummy. I've tried that.

On the brightside, she's a lovely happy chatty baby most of the time and bed time is amazing. She settles really well in the room she shares with DS.

I'm just so so tired and feel a bit out of control. DS has spent the last two afternoons in front of the telly while I tried to persuade her to sleep (she was clearly knackered). I feel really guilty.

DS was very colicky and it was all very stressful with DH and I constantly trying to find solutions to everything. I swore I wouldn't get like that this time but something's got to give!

Sorry for the rant. Not even sure what advice I want. Just need to offload!

mo3d Thu 14-Jul-11 20:56:58

Poor you. All I can say is, as you know, it does get better.

I wish I could think of something to make it better.

Here's a (((hug))) smile

Lozario Fri 15-Jul-11 14:37:11

Just wanted to stay I know how you feel. I have 2yr old DS and 15 week old DD - DD is just beginning to be as you describe - I fed her to sleep about 40 mins ago and she's waking up now; I can't remember the last time she slept for longer than 45 mins in one go, and her nighttime sleep is getting worse - she had been sleeping through on occasion previously! Earlier she got so irate that we had to walk along the bloody south circular "looking for lorries" to entertain poor DS whilst she reluctantly napped for about 25 mins. DS sleeps more than she does.

On the plus side - I remember with DS that he only slept for 30 mins at a time until he was about 6 months, when he started moving and weaning, both of which helped I think.

Have you looked at the 4 month sleep regression - I think that's what we're entering, and maybe you're coming to the end of?

naturalbaby Fri 15-Jul-11 14:42:02

ds1 was fine till we got to 4 months, he then woke every hour or so every night and we read and tried everything till i couldn't take any more and did cc at 7months. the no-cry sleep solution was great for making me feel better about the whole situation and i've just bought the millpond book (teach your child to sleep) for my 5month old and 23month old and it looks really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now