Talk

Advanced search

Hellish night with 5mo- please help!

(3 Posts)
debka Thu 14-Jul-11 07:03:43

Normally DD2 goes down at 7.30, has 1 or 2 feeds in the night which she is very sleepy for, and wakes between 6 and 7.30.

Last night she went down ok ish, but woke at 10.15- not hungry, not tired, just bloody awake! Tried feeding, tried rocking, got her up in the end and watched telly with DH whilst she sat bolt upright happily chewing a nappy. I also gave her some calpol. At 11.30 she went back into her room, fed and bed.

Up for a feed at 4, an annoying waking at 5 where she had a tiny feed and back to sleep then up cheerful at 6.15.

In the day she self settles for all her naps and tends to have 3 or 4, lasting from 45mins to 3hrs! Yesterday she woke from her last nap at 5.45pm. Normally that's fine, but do you think it was just too late a nap???

Please please help o wise ones, I am tired!

itswhereyouleftit Thu 14-Jul-11 07:36:57

Yeah I'd just say it was too late a nap. I'd maybe just leave her to settle if she's awake during the night. It's a good habit to get into so they realise they can lie in their cot without being picked up. If she's not hungry and not tired and more importantly not crying then leave her to have a kick and try and get back to sleep. Don't worry- you feel shattered I know but see if you can nap while dd is sleeping. smile

itswhereyouleftit Thu 14-Jul-11 07:39:53

Meant to say at 5 months that's really good going on the sleep front! Mine didn't sleep that long till around 8 months! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now