Talk

Advanced search

when to get rid of the grobag??

(8 Posts)
curlyLJ Tue 12-Jul-11 13:56:21

DD has slept in a grobag since she was 8 weeks old. It eventually became a real sleep cue fir her, however I now know she is no longer using them at nursery as she is sleeping on those little beds (having moved to the toddler room) rather than in a cot... She is now 16m.

I am thinking ahead to transitioning into a bed, which I know might be a few months off yet, but I was wondering what the best way to go about it might be? Is it best to get them used to sheets/blankets in advance, or continue to use the grobags in the bed initially (with no other covers obvioulsy!)?

She will need the next size up bag soon as the ones she is in are 12-18m, so if it's best to start her with blankets, I'll do it then rather than buy new bags.

Please tell me your stories...

RuthChan Tue 12-Jul-11 19:11:39

Personally...
I moved my two DCs to big beds when they were about 1 year 10 months.
At that time they stayed in their grobags and had no other covers.
As the autumn got colder (they are both autumn birthdays) I kept them in light grobags and added light covers on top, to keep them warm in the winter.
In the spring, when the weather warmed up again, I removed the grobags and kept the covers.
It probably sounds like a hassle, but it worked for them!

UC Tue 12-Jul-11 19:18:57

Both DSs were in grobags until they moved into beds instead of cots - about 2 or 2.5. I didn't want them in grobags while they were in beds, as if they got out, they can't walk, and fall over!

To be honest, stop worrying about it, use the grobags while she's in her cot. Have a duvet when you move her into a bed.

You are probably worrying about somethign that will not be a problem

juneau Tue 12-Jul-11 19:22:31

My DS used a grobag from 1 month old to 2.5 years, when he just decided for himself that he didn't want to use one any more. At that point I bought him a duvet for his cot bed and he's never looked back. He learned to unzip his grobag when he was about 18 months old and would remove it before climbing out of his cot in the morning to come and find us!

DontCallMeBaby Tue 12-Jul-11 19:31:45

DD kept her grobags for a while when she went into a bed at 2.3 or so. She could walk perfectly well in them, went around the place like a bit upright caterpillar!

RuthChan Tue 12-Jul-11 19:39:03

My two both learned to undo their grobags well before I was ready for them to stop using them.
I had to put the bags on inside out so the zip was inside and they were locked in.

cocoachannel Wed 13-Jul-11 15:35:00

grin love the last two posts!

Fuzzled Wed 13-Jul-11 15:55:00

The Gro company make bedding for toddlers here so that they are less likely to fall out of bed. This might work for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now