Talk

Advanced search

23 week old catnapping every couple of hours....

(3 Posts)
Moulesfrites Fri 08-Jul-11 10:13:18

my 5 mo's naps only ever last 30/40 mins at a time at the moment and he can't really stay awake fir very long. Yesterday he napped at 8.30, 11, 1.30 and 3.30. He sleeps from 6.30 til 6.30 but stll wakes 2/3 times a night for feeds (ebf). Should he be having fewer but longer naps at this stage and if so what should I do about it?

RitaMorgan Fri 08-Jul-11 10:56:11

Mine only napped for 45 minutes at a time and had 3-4 naps a day. I tried in vain to lengthen his naps. One day at 7 months he started napping 2 hours at a time and went down to 2 long naps a day. Nothing I did grin

At 5 months ds was also feeding twice a night. Once he was 6 months and eating solids in the day I started pushing his 3am feed towards the morning and managed to drop the 11pm feed at 8 months.

bigkidsmademe Fri 08-Jul-11 11:30:25

Mine did this too - until this week! He is six months tomorrow. All of a sudden this week he has started sleeping two hours after lunch. I (or the childminder) haven't done anything! Apart from perhaps having protein at lunch now. Anyway, even if your DS doesn't change it on his own, I don't know what is wrong with short naps, if it suits your child and he is well rested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now