Talk

Advanced search

Teething issues

(8 Posts)
smellsofsick Fri 08-Jul-11 07:16:49

So my nearly seventh month old is teething and gone from being a seven to seven kind of gal to screaming at 4am kind of gal.

Don't blame her really, sore gums are no fun but neither are shattered parents. We'll weather the storm BUT would be really grateful for your middle-of-the-night teething tips. It takes her a good hour to get her back to sleep again after a dose of Calpol, teeth gel and a cuddle.

Seeline Fri 08-Jul-11 14:33:51

Both my kids found the homeopathic teething granules from Boots very effective (both started at 4 months so I''m sure they did work rather than it being psycological!) Even now when they are loosing baby teeth for adult teeth, if they are really uncomfortable they will ask for granules! It was one of my DSs first words blush

bessie26 Fri 08-Jul-11 14:39:30

You poor thing! Would white noise help? I used it LOADS with DD1 (although not specifically for teething as Calpol & a half hour cuddle did the trick for her) I found the sssssssshhhhhhhh of the noise helped calm her down.

And have you tried baby ibuprofen? I'm sure I read somewhere that was better for teething pain (but that could have been on a nurofen advert!!)

I also find earplugs help, it dulls the screaming so it doesn't feel like my ears are going to bleed & so helps me get back to sleep quicker!

DialsMavis Fri 08-Jul-11 23:27:07

Neurofen for babies works better for teething than Calpol IME, it also much easier to administer than Calpol. Does she go to sleep alone at bedtime? My DD does and as consequence can only really get to sleep by herself now. I go in and give Neurofen and Bonjela give her a cuddle and get her really calm then I have to out her in her cot and leave the room. She might shout for a few secs then she goes back to sleep, the longer I stay in the room the longer she stays awake.

smellsofsick Sat 09-Jul-11 09:21:21

Dials thanks and yes she does. She was beginning to sleep really well. Think I'll follow your tip and try and cut down all the faffing. Think I only keep her awake otherwise

Baby nurofen it is then!

Thanks all for replying, really helpful stuff.

Dreemagurl Sat 09-Jul-11 21:36:45

Anbesol works a treat for us. You can get baby friendly stuff over the counter. Works like magic, DD sees the bottle and opens her mouth for us to rub it in. Tip: Don't feed straight afterwards as it can dull their gag reflex.

Fuzzled Sun 10-Jul-11 09:43:10

Acton & Parsons Teething powders...
Brilliant stuff - even cuts down on dribble grin

smellsofsick Mon 11-Jul-11 09:31:33

Oh the dribble. Right my shopping list increases!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now