Talk

Advanced search

For you working mums. What time does your 14 month old go to sleep?

(7 Posts)
Babymay Thu 07-Jul-11 22:04:23

Hi, just wondered what time your 14 month olds go to sleep. I'm a working mum and don't get home till 6pm. By the time I'm ready to feed my DD it's around 6.30pm meaning it's around 7.15pm by the time we're done as at the moment we want to feed ourselves and hence takes ages to eat.

Realistically, it's gone 8pm by the time she's ready for bed after a bath etc. I feels it's quite late as she has to get up again at 7am in the morning.

Is this a normal time for a 14 month old to go to bed?

MrsHoolie Fri 08-Jul-11 13:40:41

Hello. My DS is 13 months old.
Tbh he is pretty knackered by 6pm and he goes to bed between 6:30-7pm.
He has a nap in the day from about 12-2pm

I do think 7ish is a good time for toddlers (my 3 year old goes to bed then too).

Does your DD seem ok going to bed that late?if so then keep on with it.
If not then your DD could have her tea before you get home and then she can have a bit of a play/wind down and bath then.

Morph2 Sat 09-Jul-11 00:16:28

my 14 mo goes to bed anytime between 7 and 8. My mum looks after him monday-wednesday when i am at work so in theory he could stay asleep when my mum comes round at 7.30 but in reality he is usually up by 6

Babymay Sat 09-Jul-11 08:51:42

Hey guys,thank you for your posts. I think I'll try and speed it up in evenings. She is usually tired by the time we get home,but takes so long to eat it drags out the evening then.
Thanks again

saltyseadog Sat 09-Jul-11 08:53:07

Between 7 and 7.30. He's too tired if we delay it beyond that point.

MrsHoolie Mon 11-Jul-11 10:52:52

You could skip the bath too,she probably doesn't need one every day.

KateAdieLovelyLady Mon 11-Jul-11 13:43:50

Hi, my 13 month old goes to bed later on the days that he's at nursery and I have to pick him up and get him home, than on the days that he's at home with me/my husband/my mum.
Nursery days we get home at 6.15, I try to get a meal into him by 6.45 at the latest, then milk, bath and bed by 7.30 if we're doing well, but usually more like 7.45. On non-nursery days, I try to make sure he's in bed by 7.15-7.30 at the latest.
It also depends on how well he has slept in the daytime as to how long I think he can keep going in the evening.
I do think some nights we should skip the bath, but he loves it so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now