Talk

Advanced search

can anyone explain this?

(4 Posts)
Moulesfrites Sun 03-Jul-11 20:19:23

So, we have just returned from holiday in france with 23 week old ebf ds. His sleep has been a bit erratic ever since the massive growth spurt/sleep regression that hit at about 4 months. It has recently got better but a good night now is him going about 4-5 hours between feeds.

However, on holiday it was quite hot and we were staying in a villa with a pool. On quite a few days, about 4/5, we went in the pool with ds for 20 mins or so, usually about 5pm, then did his usual bedtime routine afterwards. On the nights that he had been in for the pool he woke for his usual late night feed but than after that slep through til 7am - going for a 9hr stretch on one occasion!!

I didn't really benefit from this as I still kept waking up and checking on him!

Can anyone explain why he would sleep better after a swim? Does it mean if he can go for 9 hours he doesn't really need his other night feeds? and short of building a swimming pool in the garden is there anything I can do to replicate this good sleeping back at home??

LaVitaBellissima Sun 03-Jul-11 20:21:47

No idea but off on holiday this week with my 8 month old twins who always wake up (each!) at least once, your post have given me hope!

5pm swim scheduled in grin

LaVitaBellissima Sun 03-Jul-11 20:23:00

have = has

Sorry obviously a bit excited at the prospect of a full nights sleep smile

kellieb7 Sun 03-Jul-11 20:32:52

It may be that he tired himself out (swimming is quite physical), my DD has started sleeping much better since she became more active so I always make sure we have lots of energetic play about 5pm and this seems to do the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now