Talk

Advanced search

14 week old rage

(5 Posts)
JemimaDuddlepuck Sat 02-Jul-11 10:20:32

My 14 week old is happyish to go to bed and will generally be happy to fall asleep by herself. So far so good, but for the last week or so, she wakes an hour after we go to bed, and insists on being taken out of the crib. She then almost instantly falls asleep on me, but screams the place down as soon as I try to put her back. I have never seen such determined fury. As far as I can tell, she doesn't need anything, she has been fed, and nappy checked, is not too hot, or too cold, but arches her back and rages if she is put anywhere near her crib.

Would be very grateful for any advice - wasn't planning on moving her from our room at this stage, but I can't think of any alternative at the moment as it seems like we disturb her, although bizarrely an hour after we go to bed (we go to bed at varying times).

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent, am sooo tired.

RitaMorgan Sat 02-Jul-11 10:32:36

I'd say she needs a cuddle - which is just as valid a need as a clean nappy or a feed! I'd probably just bring her into bed with me, or you could try holding her until she's really deeply asleep before putting her back in her crib. If you pat her bottom or rub her back while holding her you can continue to do so for a while when you put her down to smooth the transition.

JemimaDuddlepuck Sat 02-Jul-11 22:33:02

Mmm, well she does get a cuddle, but I obviously can't seem to manage the transition back to the crib. Will just have to carry on & hope it's a phase. Bit mystified by the consistency of the 1 hour thing though.

Bleached Sat 02-Jul-11 22:37:38

DS used to do that waking up thing. I put it down to us disturbing him on some subtle level when we went to bed. I think it was just one of those frustrating things babies do, and passed in the end.

JemimaDuddlepuck Sun 03-Jul-11 17:18:14

Oh, that's good to know Bleached. Feeling reassured that it will pass at least, and there is nothing obvious we can do to prevent it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now