Talk

Advanced search

Room is 29.5C - 3 month old in moses basket. Feels sweaty!

(13 Posts)
cockle84 Mon 27-Jun-11 21:37:23

Just been up to check on my daughter, she is 3 months and lying on her back in just a vest in the moses basket. Last night she slept in a vest a 1 tog bag but when she woke up in the morning she was very sweaty. I was going to put her in her own cot tonight so she could move about a bit more but husband is not keen.
Her back already feels sweaty but her head/face/arms and legs all feel about the right temp.
Any suggestions...........

Beamur Mon 27-Jun-11 21:39:43

I'd imagine she'll be fine in the basket, you're doing the right thing in keeping clothes to a minimum. Do you have a fan you could use if you're worried about the room temperature?

boysrock Mon 27-Jun-11 21:43:14

Not much you can do about the weather unfortunately.

She sounds fine just keep a light blanket to hand in case it cools down and a make sure room is well ventilated. Its her tum you need to check tough for temp.

(I sound really chilled about it - wasn't like that when ds was a nb in a heatwave grin)

ZhenXiang Mon 27-Jun-11 21:43:49

DD was newborn in these sorts of temps our room got to 30 on a few days. We dressed her in a vest, no sheets and left a fan on with the windows as far open as they could go, she was fine (now 2 years old). Her back will be sweaty as it is against the mattress there is not much you can do about that.

SecretNutellaFix Mon 27-Jun-11 21:45:11

I'd leave off the sleeping bag and just use a flat sheet or single layer of cellular blanket.

FlubbaBubba Mon 27-Jun-11 21:47:12

DS is lying next to me in his crib with just his nappy on - I'm also in the nud (TMI alert) and still hot, so figured he'd let me know if he got chilly (he let me know that a v light and undone sleepbag was too much earlier! smile )

LunaticFringe Mon 27-Jun-11 21:47:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlubbaBubba Mon 27-Jun-11 21:49:47

x-post lunatic (my DS is 21 weeks) smile

Rosebud05 Mon 27-Jun-11 21:52:06

I agree that a cot would be cooler than a moses basket.

Also easier to cool down with a fan you you want to do so.

LunaticFringe Mon 27-Jun-11 21:52:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlubbaBubba Mon 27-Jun-11 21:55:14

Good point lunatic - I shall rectify my 2nd post

1/2-x-post with lunatic (who may, or may not be 1/2-dressed) wink

cockle84 Mon 27-Jun-11 21:59:51

ok. Thanks for the reassurance! I'm sure she'll be fine! Where's that thunderstorm we were promised smile

colditz Mon 27-Jun-11 22:21:30

put a thick towel between the mattress and her cot sheet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now