Talk

Advanced search

Was I a total idiot to use a black out blind from birth for DD?

(7 Posts)
carpetcleaningwizard Mon 27-Jun-11 21:25:52

Exactly that. She had a small room with velux window and we had a black out blind made. Even though it always let in some light, the room was always dusky in the day. Since I trained the life out of her to sleep in the day in her cot - which she did, brilliantly - she obviously grew used to darkness.

7 months later. We've moved house. We're currently in limbo as wait for house to complete and past two days she's cried A LOT being put down. Can't decide if she's just teething bad (she's become VERY whingy generally) or whether it's because the room she's now in is much brighter.

We put up a travel black out blind and ten minutes she was no longer crying, but babbling and self-settling.

So. My point is: have we messed up massively by using one? Rod. For. Own. Back scenario...

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 27-Jun-11 21:26:51

Nah. Stick some foil up at the window. Sorted.

trixymalixy Mon 27-Jun-11 21:26:54

No

BadRoly Mon 27-Jun-11 21:28:55

If you have a travel black up blind which you can take anywhere then I don't see what the problem is?

And in a couple of years time she'll get over it when she hits the age of demanding a light left on all night wink

motherinferior Mon 27-Jun-11 21:30:15

Console yourself with the knowledge that we do, actually, need real dark for proper sleep. You are in fact being an Excellent Mother. grin

Icoulddoitbetter Mon 27-Jun-11 21:42:48

We did this with DS and take a blackout blind wherever we go. But, he can sleep with the light on too (I've occasionally left it on by mistake). They are more adaptable than we think.

I, however, struggle to sleep with anything other than complete darkness, so I'm the nightmare in our house!

carpetcleaningwizard Mon 27-Jun-11 21:51:03

Thank you all. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now