Talk

Advanced search

Five year-old insomniac

(3 Posts)
MissM Mon 27-Jun-11 20:49:21

My DD seems to be in an insomniac phase. She has always been a good sleeper, and apart from the odd night she's generally asleep by 7.30. Until now. The past couple of weeks she's not been asleep until 9, 9.30 and even 9.45 last night. This has happened before, but never with such regularity. We've moved her bedtime back a bit but it doesn't seem to have worked. Can anyone suggest any solutions?

TimeForLunch Tue 28-Jun-11 06:24:21

Can't offer any solutions I'm afraid, but my 4yo DD is just the same. She says she doesn't know how to fall asleep, it's like she just can't switch off. She would, however, lie in in the morning whereas 7mo DS struggles to stay up past 6.30 and is up at 5.30am so we don't actually get the benefit of any lie ins! Could it be the lighter evenings with your DD? Maybe try a temporary black out blind like the gro blind.

MissM Tue 28-Jun-11 08:23:45

Don't get that luxury either as DS is always up by 6! I think she just can't switch off either. She has blackout blinds but likes to sleep with a lamp on anyway, so that wouldn't make much difference. It helps knowing that I'm not the only one, even if you don't have a solution!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now