Talk

Advanced search

losing my mind - help

(3 Posts)
jayho Mon 27-Jun-11 07:51:42

DS1 aged 6 has always been a poor sleeper, basically never slept through the night. I've tried everything on the sleep training spectrum but eventually when he was 4 decided to give up, accept he can't/won't sleep alone and bought a super king bed. This has been fine until recently.

He goes to sleep in his own bed but will not go to sleep alone, he sleeps with the light on, DS2 aged 2.5, sleeps in the dark. I've tried settling them in the same room but it turns into a nightmare of them winding each other up and me. Last night for example, finally had to separate them, take ds2 to his room, settle him then go back to ds1, ds1 kept whining outside ds2's door, rattling the handle etc etc. It all got very fraught. Finally got both off at 9.15.

Then - this is the other half of the problem - ds1 comes in to me at some point in the night - don't even notice now. He wakes at about 5 am and starts badgering me to get up, he is relentless, he will not go back to his own room, he will not stop it just goes on and on and on. Sometimes he gets loud enough to wake ds2 who sleeps through on his own in his own room. This generally ends with some major temper losing from me. I try very very hard not to get up 'til 6.30 but sometimes he wins.

We've got blackout curtains in all the rooms, ds1 has a nightlight, I've tried the rabbit eye clock thing - he smashed it

finally, I'm going through an horrendous divorce, re-phrase that, we're all going through an horrendous divorce. I'm hoping I've lost sight of some practical solution to all this and someone can help me with some sort of strategy.

going back to mainline coffee

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jayho Mon 27-Jun-11 16:52:35

thank you, will call hv when I can stop crying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now