Talk

Advanced search

Hot nights

(13 Posts)
mummytasha11 Sun 26-Jun-11 20:36:01

Hi everyone

Put my. 6 month old ds to bed in just a nappy and Pajamas just went in to check on him and he felt very warm so ive taken his blanket off....now panicking that he might be cold :/

mummytasha11 Sun 26-Jun-11 20:36:56

What do you dress your baby in for bed when it's warm don't want him to over heat that's all hmm paranoid mum here

Bumperlicioso Sun 26-Jun-11 20:41:52

Dd2 is in just a vest tonight. Better to be too cool than too hot.

Iggly Sun 26-Jun-11 21:25:45

DS wouldn't sleep without his sleepbag regardless of heat hmm

So I'd only have him in his 1 tog sleep bag which I figured was looser around his body. I also used to undo one of the shoulder poppers once he was asleep. And when we went to bed, we'd open the door to his room to cool him down.

IWillCountToThree Sun 26-Jun-11 21:29:12

Ds has gone to sleep tonight in a 1 tog grobag and a nappy. There's a fan in the room too as he shares with his two sisters.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 26-Jun-11 21:31:19

dd2 is in a vest and 1 tog bag
like iggly's ds, she won't sleep without a bag (tbh i have to have a duvet/blanket however warm it is, so i know where she's coming from). we left the blinds down and windows shut in her room during the hottest part of the day to keep it cooler. there's a fan in there too.

mummytasha11 Sun 26-Jun-11 21:45:10

Sorry to sound a bit thick what is a tog bag confused????

rodformyownback Sun 26-Jun-11 22:08:26

Just means a 1 tog (warmth measurement for quilts) Grobag.
Ds2 just in vest and nappy on my knee. DH going to the spare room tonight, me and ds will just be under a sheet I think.

bigkidsmademe Sun 26-Jun-11 23:09:31

Our room is 26 so DS is in a short sleeved t shirt and nothing else, no bag. He still feels hot sad and I'm still worrying!

ledkr Sun 26-Jun-11 23:16:16

dd has gone in a nappy and vest its 26 in our room phew.may lay a sheet on her legs when i go up,

yellowflowers Sun 26-Jun-11 23:49:44

Was about to post same topic.

Our room temp says 26 degrees so dd is in vest only. No grobag.

OompaLumpa Mon 27-Jun-11 01:11:41

Was just about to ask about this and saw thread. Have 11 day old who is too little for gro bag yet but who settles much better when swaddled but worried about overheating. Had her in vest and swaddle but now wondering if should lose the vest or try without swaddle? Help!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 27-Jun-11 07:18:41

oompa when dd1 was little and needed a swaddle, we kept her in just a nappy and swaddled with a thin cotton sheet if it was very warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now