Talk

Advanced search

Silly question about cot sheets?

(7 Posts)
justtired Sun 26-Jun-11 00:51:58

Can you buy cot sheets to go over baby in the cot or do you just buy regular flat sheets to use?

Totally clueless as my DS1 had a gro bag but its too hot for that so was going to get a thin cot sheet

Thanks

MrsGubbins Sun 26-Jun-11 06:12:18

I guess you'd just get a flat sheet, what tog is the bag? I've got DD in a 1 tog bag and short sleeve bodysuit.

Wouldn't he kick off the sheet?

howabout Sun 26-Jun-11 06:21:08

You get cot sized flat sheets. I used sheets and blankets for DD2 as she did'nt get on with gro bags. Just remember to put baby feet to foot of cot in accordance with SID guidance to avoid them getting sheet over their head.

cherub59 Sun 26-Jun-11 12:33:31

You can get 0.5 tog grobags and put them in that in just a nappy?

justtired Mon 27-Jun-11 01:15:42

I think thats what I will get Cherub but they seem difficult to get hold of I will try online though.

I tried using a normal cot sheet Howabout but where he is still tiny I only used a tiny bit of the sheets length and I tried to tuck the rest under the mattress but it was raised right up?

Mrsgubbins ive got a 1.0 tog but our room is unusually warm for some reason and it says its not suitable for that temp but DS likes something to kutch up to

biscuitmad Mon 27-Jun-11 01:29:59

Ive got three fitted sheets that go on the mattress. Then you can either use a grow bag to put them in. These are like douveys and you zip them up so they dont get cold. I used these until mine was 1 1/2. Now he has a douvey for wintertime. During summertime he as a soft holey blanket. Hope that helps.

VforViennetta Mon 27-Jun-11 02:09:36

I think I got mine from Tesco, I had several fitted cot sheets and 3 flat cot sheets, these were used over the baby, to tuck in, before any blankets. None of mine were fussed on the sleeping bag things, as they got older they did kick the sheets/blankets off, but seemed to be plenty warm/comfy anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now