Talk

Advanced search

Does DS have an on switch on his ass!

(6 Posts)
PinkSchmoo Sat 25-Jun-11 22:18:14

DS is 7wo. At mo trying to get him to sleep in cot as DD is finding it hard that we get no one on one. He'll go to sleep in my arms but within 5 mins of bum meeting cot he's up.

Any ideas?

whysolate Sat 25-Jun-11 22:22:19

Have you tried letting him fall asleep in his cot Pink?

PinkSchmoo Sun 26-Jun-11 08:51:13

I have tried but with limited success. None to be exact.

Think I need to persist but just needed to vent.

Any tips?

whysolate Sun 26-Jun-11 20:03:51

It can be really difficult. Perseverance is definitely the key. I found it hardest with DC3 because I didn't want him to cry and wake my other two and he is very narky strong willed!

Vent away pink, it can be really frustrating!

7 weeks is still very young, but the sooner you manage it the better. I found the longer I let it go on for the harder it was. Of course they would rather fall asleep cuddled upto you, and that's fine if you're ok with that but there is normally so much to do once they are asleep it's easier if they fall asleep by themselves.

Hopefully someone will come along with some more advice soon......

smile

YogaMummy2B Mon 27-Jun-11 13:42:39

Swaddle him tightly and make sure the cot is cosy with either a lambskin lining or doing the rolled up towel/blanket in a u shape to make him feel secure. The swaddling and lambskin worked wonders for my LO, she did that for 10 weeks. Can now fall asleep herself, but only really successful when swaddled.

PinkSchmoo Sat 02-Jul-11 04:46:49

Decided to start by working with the routine we've established for bedtime. So we fed, bathed, fed and instead of patting to sleep I calmed him and put in the cot (first night in cot). Then pu/pd. Felt dreadful letting him grizzle and missed the physical contact (I know). 2 hours and he went over for just under 8. Feeding him at mo and really enjoying having him close.

It's taking an hour to pat him over so no huge loss.

If this works I'm going to work on naps in cot and in the interim try to establish more set nap times.

Feels good to have a plan but could be disaster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now