Talk

Advanced search

5am waking for almost 10 months!

(4 Posts)
bananacurry Sat 25-Jun-11 22:03:30

Ds2 is almost 10 months. He used to wake at 5, feed then go back to sleep until 7ish. for the last 1-2 months he's been waking at 5, feeding then staying awake.

He'll take his milk (ff) anytime so isn't especially waking from hungar because he'll quite happily wait till 6, half 6.

I vaguely remember reading on threads on here about setting the alarm, waking them earlier, not fully waking but stirring, so they then go back to sleep and sleep later.

Does anyone have any experience of this? How much earlier should I wake him??

Its not too bad in comparison cos he sleeps from 6.30pm but I have to go to bed at 9pm to function. I'd like my nights back!

RitaMorgan Sat 25-Jun-11 22:07:37

Does he still wake early if you put him to bed later? Does he nap early in the morning?

My 10 month old was waking at 5 - I started keeping him up til 9.30am in the morning and then only letting him nap 45 minutes and he's started sleeping til 6am.

bananacurry Sat 25-Jun-11 22:15:49

yeah. the time he goes to bed doesn't affect it. We've recently been to Menorca (1 hour ahead) He was going to sleep around 9pm and waking at 6am!

He tends to be back in bed before 9am. Sometimes even before 8am! He did go back to sleep after his feed this morning so didn't nap till 10 & only had 10 mins this afternoon so will see if that makes a difference.

RitaMorgan Sat 25-Jun-11 22:32:25

It took a week or so of having a later/shorter morning nap for ds to start waking later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now