Talk

Advanced search

Teddy in cot?

(4 Posts)
Fuzzled Sat 25-Jun-11 17:27:20

At what age can you put a teddy/cuddly toy in the cot with your DC?
I was told very snappily advised by the midwives that newborns should have nothing in their basket/cot (fair enough!) and the same with cot bumpers but now DS is older, I'm wondering about giving him one of those toy headed blankies (sort of a face cloth with a head in the middle and machine washable so he can chew it!) to sleep with for comfort and to maybe help with night waking.

He's 9mo and can roll/crawl/stand so I'm thinking it should okay - but I'm a bit paranoid!

Anyone know if this is okay?

valbona Sun 26-Jun-11 14:20:29

It'll be absolutely fine! Mine wouldn't sleep without Teddy in her cot ...

StoneBaby Mon 04-Jul-11 19:08:54

DS has had a soft toy in his cot since he's 6 month old and has been using it as a cuddly since he's 9 months.

matana Mon 04-Jul-11 19:56:32

My 8 month old DS has a whole farmyard in his cot with him. When he wakes, he plucks one from the side and cuddles it so he can get back to sleep. He's had his array of cuddly toys since he moved into his cot at 6 months, but had a couple in his moses basket before then. They can be a danger when a baby is young and not mobile, but certainly by 9 months it's fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now