Talk

Advanced search

DD doesn't sleep

(10 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Fri 24-Jun-11 22:34:06

Dd2 is 6 nearly 7 months. BF.

doing BLW. she's eating most things but not much in quantity AFAIK

She doesn't really sleep. She only naps in her car seat if car is moving. In the evening she's still feeding lots and snoozes fitfully finally drops off at about 10 til 1 then I feed her again and then we co sleep from there, I feed again about 3 an then again at 5...

According to HV she shouldn't need to be fed between 7pm and 7am hmm

She's still attached to my boob all day too, I feed her probably 8 times a day.

Don't really know why I'm posting. Just tired. Had my confidence erroded by HV today and every one else's baby is "sleepin through"

Meggymoodle Sat 25-Jun-11 19:23:00

FWIW everyone else's baby is not sleeping through I promise you; Mine certainly isn't and is the same age as yours.

I have no advice because if I had my DC would be sleeping through......but just wanted to let you know you are not alone smile

mimmymouse Sun 26-Jun-11 00:09:07

Here too! DD 7 months next week. 5 or 6 BF each day, at least one of those at night. You're doing the best you can and your baby is getting so much from you--- in more ways than one! HV are well meaning but unable to be with you 24 hrs a day and know your baby ad an individual. My daughter had fewer feeds and is gradually increasing her solids. They go at their own pace.

As for sleeping through..... You've got to be kidding! Not here! I consider 4/5 hrs straight as brilliant.

You're a wonderful Mum.

Zimm Sun 26-Jun-11 12:01:51

DD 10 months does not sleep through....and has night feeds. Your HV is a muppet.

Albrecht Sun 26-Jun-11 12:09:41

ds is 11.5 months and has never slept more than 5 hours and that was once when newborn - 3 hrs is an amazing sleep in our house. Bf loads still too. Hopefully it will get easier for you by this age but just wanted to say they aren't all sleeping through, giving up milk etc.

Is hv going to come round and deal with her between 7 and 7 then? No. Just do what you have to to get through it and keep everyone happy-ish.

OnlyWantsOne Sun 26-Jun-11 13:06:04

hm... HV also gave me leaflets on controlled screaming crying and said it was the best solution for everyone... hmmm she has no children herself

Zimm Sun 26-Jun-11 13:32:01

Ah yes HVs only know about CC nothing else. Really they should be trained to recommend a range of options.

Albrecht Wed 29-Jun-11 09:59:05

My hv just admitted told me that they recommend sleep training for the parents benefit, not because its best for the baby at all.

Not wanting to get into a sleep debate but I just thought it was quite enlightening.

DesperateHousewife21 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:04:22

DS is nearly 1 and just like that. I BF him to sleep for naps and night time (which I know is probably the problem but Ive always done it so bit late now)

At the mo he is awake and crawling around because he had some stupid nap at 8pm. Hes tired but when I feed him he fannys around. We also co sleep and yes my HV has also told me to do CC. We tried that, it took him 4 hours to sleep for half an hour.

I just cant be arsed with him anymore and think hes still going to be BF and in my bed when hes 21.

narmada Thu 30-Jun-11 22:00:02

God, you must be knackered. I have got two children, one of whom was a terrible sleeper, the other is much better but still needed a firm push in the right direction. Having had both variants, I can tell you that parenthood is completely and utterly different if your child sleeps well. So I reckon that's a good reason to do something about it.

Also, you need your evenings back after 7 months, don't you?? What happens if you try and get her t o settle in her cot? Is it impossible? I would work on that TBH, and see if you can get her to fall asleep on her own. this might not work if you don't want any crying at all though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now