Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What gets you through?

(3 Posts)
PukeyRag Fri 24-Jun-11 10:40:27

I have a 3 and a half month old DD who still wakes frequently, and for me it's coffee chocolate and spending money that helps me get through the lack of sleep. I didn't even like coffee three and a half months ago grin

I'm still searching for that magic berry that wakes me up instantly and gives me lots of natural energy for the day, but no such luck!

What gets you through the sleep deprivation? Even if it's just the internet at 3am, (i'd go mad without it) i'm interested to know, and if any of you have any suggestions on good sources of natural energy please share grin

GretnaGirl Fri 24-Jun-11 11:54:04

Me too,never drank coffee til I had DS2 10 weeks ago, now it's walks via Costa coffee that keep me going! I'm also getting very good at napping whenever possible, sitting on couch watching Dora the flipping explorer for example! I have no useful advice, just thought I'd let you know you are not alone!! My days start around 4.30 on an average day, 6 on a good day and I just thank God it's summer and daylight early!!

madmomma Sun 26-Jun-11 21:32:45

sugar, unfortunately. I don't recommend it. The sensible thing to do is eat plenty of complex carbs at b/fast to keep yr blood sugar steady all morning, then mainly protein at lunch (carbs will make you sleepy). Then carbs again at tea. Catnaps are essential when you don't sleep through the night. Don't feel like you have to be constantly 'doing' during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now