Talk

Advanced search

Time awake between naps for 4mo

(4 Posts)
ChopMonster Thu 23-Jun-11 15:04:36

My 4 month old can't really stay awake much longer than an hour (sometimes 1.5 hours) between naps. He yawns, rubs his eyes and gets very whingy so I put him in his cot or cuddle him in and he self settles straight away, so is obviously tired. He'll then sleep for 1-1.5 hours, 2 over lunch.

I've tried keeping him awake a bit longer but all that happens is it takes a while to settle him then and he'll wake up after 40 minutes.

I just worry that he should be staying awake longer at this age? Although realistically I'm not sure what I can do about it. Should I be doing anything or will he do it in his own time?

debka Thu 23-Jun-11 15:41:07

Enjoy it whilst it lasts! Sounds to me like you're doing everything right. smile

sweetuphoria Thu 23-Jun-11 20:37:04

My DD was the same at that age. She is now 5.5 mo and now goes 1.5-2hrs between naps

ChopMonster Fri 24-Jun-11 09:16:12

Thank you smile I was feeling a bit unsure (stupidly) as other babies his age seem to be awake for a lot longer and some don't nap at all! Still, the good day naps make up for the horrendous night sleep regression he's going through confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: