Talk

Advanced search

What is going on? Please help I'm going out of my mind!

(2 Posts)
Emandwilliam Thu 23-Jun-11 07:48:43

Hi, please can somebody help me? My ds is 5 months and up until now has been going to bed at 7.30pm, having a dream feed at 10.30pm then he would wake at 3am for another feed and settle himself back to sleep or poss sleep through until 6ish.

Last week his two bottom teeth popped through and since this has happened he is now waking at 3 or 4 am and staying wake until around 6.30am. During this time he's having 7oz of formula and a nappy change. In the day time he goes through stages of being happy but I've noticed he's more upset than usual (I'm putting this down to teething). I'm using teething gel, ibuprofen and Ashton and parsons powders and lots of walks in the pram.

What is going on why is he waking? I'm beginning to think I may need to wean him - is it because he's hungry? Or that he's cold- he is in a sleep suit and 2.5tog sleeping bag, Im going to try putting a vest on him as well.

Any suggestions? I'm exhausted.

DialMforMummy Thu 23-Jun-11 08:52:45

Weaning early might not be a good idea, you know. First, he might not digest food very well and therefore be even more grumpy or he might not take the food you offer (took mine several weeks before he worked out one could swallow what was in the mouth). I would stay away from early weaning if he is not showing signs of readiness, but if he does and you are keen to give it a go, give him solids at lunch so if he has problems digesting, it will ruin your afternoon not your night.
Depending what the temperature of the room is, I doubt he is cold, in fact he can be hot. Measure the temperature of the bedroom and follow the instructions from the grobag. Temperature in my DC bedroom is about 20 deg therefore a sleepsuit and a 1 tog grobag are enough.
Ni miracle solutions here but I hope things get better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now