Talk

Advanced search

getting up in the mornings

(10 Posts)
mummytasha11 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:02:29

hi all,

my ds has been sleeping through for the past few weeks smile heaven!

he usually gets up between 5am-6am so i give him a feed and put him back to bed, he goes back to sleep till 7.30-8am

when i was at my baby group, told one of the other girls this and they seemed shocked that i put him back to bed....

just wondering if anyone else puts them back to bed or gets up at that time for the day??

MooM00 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:24:15

I do the same as you but we get up at 7am.

sweetuphoria Wed 22-Jun-11 19:47:30

I used to do this with my DD up til.she was about 3mo but now she won't go back down, so I say enjoy it while it lasts!

ttalloo Wed 22-Jun-11 19:52:01

I used to do the same as you, they would wake up around 7ish and then go down for their morning nap a couple of hours later; dear me, why would anybody want to start their day at that time if they don't have to!

ohnelly Wed 22-Jun-11 20:38:09

Hi my ds usually wakes up at around 6am too, I wish he would go back to sleep for an hour or two. It's so tiring having to get up at that time. I have to take him downstairs so he doesn't wake his brother up (5yrs and in school full time) as I don't think it's fair to wake him up that early. Jealous envy

PatronSaintOfDucks Wed 22-Jun-11 20:55:58

Anything before 7 am is NOT a civilized getting-up time! If DS (almost five months) wakes up even at 6:50, I put him back to bed or at least try to. Usually, his early morning feed - or I prefer to think of it as "the second night feed" - is at 5 am. He usually goes back down until 7:30.

WorrisomeHeart Wed 22-Jun-11 21:00:22

Make the most of it! My 8mth DS used to do this... Now I'm really happy that he's 'slept in' hmm until 5.30am for the last two mornings... 4.30am is NOT morning in my mind!

mummytasha11 Wed 22-Jun-11 21:12:08

Okay thanks everyone smile

Metalhead Thu 23-Jun-11 09:35:46

Agree with WorrisomeHeart - just enjoy it! DD used to go back down after her 5/6am feed until she was about 8 months as well, then suddenly decided she didn't want to anymore... luckily after a few months of very early starts, she now usually sleeps right through until 7am.

WorrisomeHeart Thu 23-Jun-11 10:48:00

Ooh Metalhead, you give me hope! 5am this morning [yawn]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now