Talk

Advanced search

Is there anything I can give my toddler to help her sleep?

(13 Posts)
StrawberriesAndScream Wed 22-Jun-11 10:30:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StrawberriesAndScream Wed 22-Jun-11 12:15:16

cookielove Wed 22-Jun-11 12:18:41

I def would not give her medised, that sounds like a terrible idea. If you leave her what does she do?

I assume she would cry, can you leave a selection of books, and quiet toys in her bed/cot so she can amuse herself when she wakes, and maybe fall back to sleep.

StrawberriesAndScream Wed 22-Jun-11 12:24:52

Suncottage Wed 22-Jun-11 12:25:31

Have you tried a lavender bath at bedtime? Is birdsong waking her? Do you have a blackout blind?

Dontbugmemalone Wed 22-Jun-11 12:27:18

I used to give my DS california poppy drops when he really couldn't sleep.

try this website, it might help.

buying4baby.com/natural-remedies-that-help-children-sleep-better/1021/

StrawberriesAndScream Wed 22-Jun-11 12:33:53

Dontbugmemalone Wed 22-Jun-11 12:49:30

Oh I forgot to mention that red bush tea (roobios) is good for helping you get to sleep. I drink it every night and it really helps. It's naturally sweet so my DS likes it too.

cookielove Wed 22-Jun-11 12:51:53

I imagine whatever the initial cause of her waking is probably no longer and issue she has probably just got use to waking and it has become part of her routine. You need to break the pattern, not sure how, but whatever it is i would be consistent with it, have you actually just comforted her then walked away, cc for the early mornings?

StrawberriesAndScream Wed 22-Jun-11 13:24:57

StrawberriesAndScream Wed 22-Jun-11 13:28:19

ThePetiteMummy Wed 22-Jun-11 16:39:12

Isn't there a method where you wake them before they wake up, to combat early waking? I'm afraid I can't remember more than that, & don't have any experience of it. Might be called 'wake to sleep'.

cookielove Fri 24-Jun-11 09:29:05

I look after child who is a cry till i throw up kind of child, when she does this we just clean her and carry on, i know easier said then done, but maybe worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now