Talk

Advanced search

7m old waking an hour after going down for night

(5 Posts)
VotePedro Tue 21-Jun-11 17:02:31

DS2 (nearly 7 months) is waking exactly an hour after I put him down for the night. He went through a phase of this about a month ago but would settle with a little shhh pat but this time he won't settle. He goes mad for a feed but still doesn't down settle if he gets one. Seems to be getting worse - last night I had to give up and bring him down stairs (DH away and I hadn't eaten and was sooo hungry). We do tend to end up co-sleeping most nights (in theory he is in a bedtime cot) so I don't know if this is a factor. Any ideas? Have to run and get DS1 now but would appreciate any theories.

Iggly Tue 21-Jun-11 20:13:46

Is he overtired? Does he crash out at bedtime? Can you try an earlier bedtime?

Or could it be wind? That used to wake DS up soon after he went down for the night. Once he was winded he'd settle otherwise not.

VotePedro Tue 21-Jun-11 21:09:18

Thanks Iggly Do you know I had the same thought about him being overtired and tried to put him down earlier - he woke up after 45 minutes today argh! At least he's broken the pattern confused. But yes he does totally crash out at bed time so maybe I'll persevere with the earlier bed time. Thing is he was my 'good' sleeper (DS1 was 13 months when he slept through) so I feel like I've broken him somehow. Crazy I know. He's currently asleep in the pushchair downstairs after me failing to settle him again.

UKSky Tue 21-Jun-11 21:33:13

My DD did this for several months but has grown out of it now. I just used to pick her up and sit in her room without turning the lights on and she'd go back to sleep within a few minutes.

VotePedro Tue 21-Jun-11 21:55:19

SEVERAL MONTHS oh lord! See this is the problem he won't settle I really don't mind when they wake up, need something and then settle but I guess I'll just have to make sure I rush down and eat something pre-scheduled waking time then I'll be primed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now