Talk

Advanced search

cot bumper/mobile

(3 Posts)
mummytasha11 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:30:35

hi everyone,

what does everyone think of cot bumpers? are they a good or bad idea? ds has had his on since he went into his own cot but last night i left it off ( needed to wash it due to an accident ) he woke up twice in the night and didnt settle as easy however just read the lable and says to remove once he can sit unaided?? why is this?

also - are mobiles a good idea or a sleep distraction?

vtechvoyager Mon 20-Jun-11 21:54:11

Cot bumpers are advised against by FSIDS, so we didn't use them at all. I think though that if a baby is used to seeing something in their bed (bumper, teddy or whatever) then they could be disturbed by it suddenly being different. When we moved house DD was disturbed and I think it was that whilst her cot was just like before, the view from her cot was different. I think they just see change and don't like it.

I didn't use a mobile, I think that cots are for sleep and mobiles are a bit too stimulating for bedtime. That being said, lots of friends have used them so... ?

mama2alex Tue 21-Jun-11 20:23:57

The reason they say to remove them when they can sit unaided is because they can use them as a step to climb out of the cot and and also once they get even older, can start to untie them and obviously ties and babies alone are a bad thing. We use a cot wrap, they can't be climbed on and have no ties so are much better.

We used a mobile when my LO was really little, he liked to watch it while he was drifting off, I think it was pretty good. He never got attached to it and couldn't sleep without it though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: