Talk

Advanced search

The Competitive Tiredness Thread: I'm so tired, I ...

(7 Posts)
BellaBearisWideAwake Sat 18-Jun-11 11:35:40

can't do up the poppers on my baby's babygro. Took me about five goes to get it right!

PukeyRag Sat 18-Jun-11 14:08:39

I feel your fatigue. The other day I was so tired that I couldn't even carry my baby in to the kitchen and hold her while I made a cup of coffee because it made my arm ache. (she doesn't let me put her down very often) She's only 14 weeks and tiny...

Resulted in no coffee for energy!

I also (accidentally obviously) went to put a dirty nappy in the fridge once...

PukeyRag Sat 18-Jun-11 14:11:15

p.s. I am so tired I read this as 'the repetitive tiredness thread' blush

marylou242 Sat 18-Jun-11 15:32:04

At several points in the first few days and weeks after giving birth, I was so tired my hands were physically shaking. I've since been told this is a sign of 'clinical exhaustion' shock (wonders who else has experienced this with a newborn...)

BellaBearisWideAwake Sat 18-Jun-11 16:50:24

Ha! Too tired to make coffee, yes I've been there!

greeneone12 Sun 19-Jun-11 12:59:49

I have one but it was when I was pregnant and sleep deprived. I went to my friends house and when it was time to leave I went to find my car which had been stolen! I called the police, was crying and really upset. Got crime ref etc. Went to meet my friend at the end of the drive who was giving me a lift home and saw the car parked down the road. I forgot where I parked it and honestly didn't remember parking there. Was seriously freaked out that my mind has totally failed!

Emski76 Sun 19-Jun-11 13:51:57

Marylou, yep I def had the shakes for a good while after ds2 was born. I think the constant haze I walked around in was my main concern about tiredness, not remembering what day it was and forgetting what I was saying in the middle of a sentence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now