Talk

Advanced search

Early waking - I hate it, hate it, hate it

(9 Posts)
bean612 Fri 17-Jun-11 07:30:35

That's it, really.

DD is 2.5 and is currently on her summer body clock (she did the same last year) of waking up for the day between 5 and 6 a.m. (though the latter is a very rare treat, it's usually more like 5.30).

I think we've tried every "cure" there is. None of them have made the slightest difference.

I'm exhausted. DH is exhausted. Early waking bloody ruins your life.

Anyone else want to vent?

Hebrewlass Fri 17-Jun-11 07:56:19

Hi there, yes please I will vent ! I am feeling so grumpy and tired. My DD (5yrs) and DS (3yrs) have always been early risers. Typically between 5am-6am. Hubby works nights so I have been on my own with them whilst they have driven me utterly berserk arguing all morning. And it's not even 8am. People used to tell me it would get better when DD started school, but she's been there nearly a year and it hasn't made any difference. We have tried everything over the years so not looking for any more solutions, just resigning our selves to it until the teenage years!In the meantime we are grabbing naps while DS is at nursery 2 mornings a week. At least when they were babies we could nap in the day when they did- but DS does not nap now. I should really be cleaning the house today but I sooo can't be bothered.

Buda Fri 17-Jun-11 08:03:30

I read or heard something somewhere recently about sleeping rythms/patterns.

I vaguely remember it mentioning taking DCs out and doing something active outdoors in the evening. Will try and find it!

Buda Fri 17-Jun-11 08:03:54

Oh - I have an early waking dog so I feel your pain!

Buda Fri 17-Jun-11 08:08:40

It was on here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleep/1217485-Early-waking-revelation

bean612 Fri 17-Jun-11 08:42:55

Hebrewlass poor you, at least I only have one! And DH and I do share the early-morning burden (we take it in turns to go into the spare bedroom for a couple of hours' extra kip).

Buda - interesting! I will take a look, thank you...

JamInMyWellies Fri 17-Jun-11 09:10:20

Same here. DS2 who has always been a nightmare with sleeping wakes for the day during the Summer months at around 5. Its a killer no chance for naps either. At least in the Winter months you can send them back to bed as its dark but the second he steps out of his bedroom its lights camera and action

Pinkjenny Fri 17-Jun-11 09:12:37

I often ponder what has become of my life when I am ecstatic about a 6.30am 'lie in'.

bean612 Fri 17-Jun-11 14:29:04

Oh pinkjenny, I know. I really thought that my natural body clock (ideal-world sleeping hours: 1am to 10am) would adapt out of sheer necessity, but I am still a night owl. It doesn't matter how tired I am, I'm quite perky by about 9pm, so don't feel like going to bed. But when I'm woken at 5.30am, even if I have gone to bed at 9pm (well all right, 10pm), I still feel like absolute crap until about lunchtime.

The difference between 5.30am and 6.30am, both physically and pyschologically, is HUGE.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: