Talk

Advanced search

Leaving 3 month old to cry to sleep.

(5 Posts)
tiredbutcopingjust Thu 16-Jun-11 21:08:13

My 3 month old is the youngest of 3. I have had to resort to leaving him to cry himself to sleep for naps and his nighttime sleeps as otherwise I have no time for my other 2 children (aged 3 and 5) who need me just as much, if not more.

I don't ignore him in the night and feed him on demand but I just needed to get my life, and those of my two other angels, back on track after nearly 15 weeks of absolute dedication to the youngest. I make sure he is well fed, well winded and with a clean nappy then I put him down and check on him every 5 minutes with a pat and a shh. 3 days on and he cries for 30 seconds max when I put him down. Is this REALLY so bad? I suppose I just want reassurance and also to reassure other mothers who might be in my situation.

KangarooCaught Thu 16-Jun-11 21:15:05

30 seconds is nothing. thought you were going to say 3 hours!

he sounds pretty contented actually

didireallysaythat Thu 16-Jun-11 21:17:04

You sound like a wonderful mother to me. Personally I couldn't agree with your actions more. I think you have everyone's best interests at heart !

fifitot Thu 16-Jun-11 21:18:48

30 secs???????????????? That doesn't count! I tried cc once and DS cried non stop for 4 hours! Not suprisingly I found it didn't work for me.

Don't beat yourself up - you are doing nothing wrong!

K999 Thu 16-Jun-11 21:22:19

30 seconds? You cruel mother grin

It's nothing! Dont beat yourself up about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now