Talk

Advanced search

2 1/5 and into night waking

(5 Posts)
suzc Thu 16-Jun-11 13:13:30

last night between my husband and I we got up 6 times for my little angel , who is demanding cuddles, millk and any toy he sees fit to demand.
He has been going through these phases on and off now for about 4 months. Sleeps great for a few weeks then has a week of rubbish sleeping. I have tried it all, going to bed earlier, ony one cuddle and one milk then letting him cry it out- to the silent treatment and just putting him back down.
He sleeps in a combo, changer/bed with the bars down so he can get out himself. I bought one of those great toddler sleep duvets from the gro bag company and that helped in the winter as I though he was getting cold in te night and was kicking covers off.
As I say a lot of the time this isn't a problem. I don't want to have to put the cot bar back up as when he is ok at night he sleeps 11 hours and gets up happily in the morning and starts playing in his room.
My main problem is how to help him just get back to sleep and stop the screaming. He never has a temperature and I don't hink it's a dream-he just seems to stir and then can't get back off so he either gets up, then screams and then makes demands. After about 2 hours he usually nods back off exhasuted. As do we.
Any one else had a similar problem?
first time poster

jollygreenmama Fri 17-Jun-11 07:29:40

Hi Suzc, my DD was the same for a few weeks a couple of months ago, in the end I put it down to us being away a lot and so she was out of routine. Is it always around the same time? I believe or have read somewhere that they can stir around 3 hours into their sleep cycle. Does he go down well at bed time?

Realitystrikesback Fri 17-Jun-11 07:35:59

Mine is still up at least once in the night.

suzc Sat 18-Jun-11 15:00:21

I had a breakthrough night before last as took his duvet off so he is just with sheets, we live in spain and it has hotted up this week. he slept much better, but last night we had some of the same stuff but for less time, as my husband got up and did milk etc. I think he plays him up less. Routine wise he's been at home but has had grandparents visiting- may keep an eye on that as it does ring a bell with when my mum was last out here too.
Goes to bed fine, usually he can't wait. But I think you are right about the sleep cycles and the waking as its always around 2am

jollygreenmama Sun 19-Jun-11 19:14:00

My DD sleep troubles were when it was hot here in UK, then it turned cold again and she slept better again so I agree that temp has a lot to do with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now