Talk

Advanced search

Realistically, how long can we keep 10mo DD in our bedroom

(4 Posts)
PogoBaby Wed 15-Jun-11 20:06:03

DD is still in with us, largely co-sleeping but our room does have an alcove big enough for a cot bed so she can have her own sleeping area without impacting on our use of the rest of the room.

We've only 2 bedrooms and limited storage so keeping her in with us as long as possible would be useful. How long can we get away with it? Is it likely to cause problems with her adjusting to sleeping alone? She's a pretty heavy sleeper so far and we don't seem to wake her up.

Worried as I seem to be the only person I know who hasn't move baby out by this age (also the only still co-sleeping and feeding to sleep - or at least who will admit to it!!)

Thanks

tallulah Wed 15-Jun-11 21:41:52

My DD is 4 years and 3 mo and is still co-sleeping with us. She had to give up bf 2 weeks ago because I started chemotherapy, but still asks for it sad

So I reckon you've got about 3 years and 5 months grin

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Wed 15-Jun-11 21:44:45

My dd is 3 years and 8 months and, although she doesn't cosleep any more, still has her bed in our room.
Tallulah, that means I've only got 7 months. Eek.

PogoBaby Wed 15-Jun-11 22:51:00

Thanks both, hope to have number 2 by the time she's three but there is space on my side of the bed for a sidecar cot so will just have both of them in with us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now