Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 week old hardly slept today

(8 Posts)
Maisieskates Wed 15-Jun-11 16:37:55

My 10 week old Dd normally sleeps for 3-4 hours during the day - generally spread over 3 naps. Last night she didn't wake for her 3am feed so slept through from dream feed at 11pm till 6am - great we thought. However it has completely thrown her day time routine and she's barely slept for 90 mins today. Is this normal? Are we in for a tough night tonight?!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-Jun-11 17:27:17

You might not be, she may just sleep through again for you tonight. Is there any reason you were waking her in the night for feeds?

Maisieskates Wed 15-Jun-11 18:39:45

Fingers crossed!
We dont wake her for the 3am feed - she normally wakes us for it smile - but last night she didn't.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-Jun-11 18:50:04

Sorry thats me getting confused then, thought you'd said dreamfeed at 3am not just plain old feed.

How are you getting on now?

Maisieskates Wed 15-Jun-11 21:41:56

Ok, I fed her just after 4 as usual and she fell asleep on me as I was writing my initial post. I put her in her cot and she slept till I woke her at 6 for bath, feed and put her back to bed around 7 - that being our usual routine. Not sure if that was the right thing to do or not but she's been asleep since so I'm hoping so.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 16-Jun-11 08:18:16

Hope you've had a good night then Masie

Maisieskates Thu 16-Jun-11 08:48:20

I think we got lucky. I heard her fussing around 2 but she got herself back to sleep, she woke at 4 so I fed her and then she slept till 6.30. Dh is moaning that I'm getting more sleep than him! (I go to bed at 9.30 but he stays up till 11 to do dream feed)

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 16-Jun-11 09:34:07

Sounds like you have a really easy one there. It might be tough if she's not sleeping much in the day but just to have one feed at night from you at 10 weeks is brilliant. You often see ff and bf babies being talked about on MN who are waking much more than that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now